For this post I have put together some things I have done to avoid putting myself through Christmas Anxieties.
- Don’t try to impress people, just being myself.
- Don’t borrow money, i.e., taking money from rent or food money.
- Don’t wait till the last moment to buy gifts. I bought gifts for my three grandchildren over several months.
- Avoid going shopping when it is at the peak of shopping rush.
- Forgo sending Christmas cards, phone calls are much more endearing.
Those are some things I put in place for several years now. It keeps me from suffering extreme panic attacks.
Since the grandchildren are getting older I also forgo wrapping paper. Instead use gift bags with some shredded paper. They know the gifts are from me, not some made up character called “Santa Claus”.
Maybe you cannot initiate some of those things, but, I would encourage you to find ways that can save you those moments where you feel you are going to “lose it”.
Leave a Reply