“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” —Robert Frost
- In every situation, conversation, there is likely always a better way.
- When you spout a condemning comment, there is a better way.
- When striking out in anger, there is a better way.
- When walking out in the middle of a meeting, there is a better way.
- When enraged with jealousy, there is a better way.
I guess I could list more but I feel that I have made my point. I believe that there really is a better way in almost every situation.
Words of anger that I have spoken can never be erased, but, instead of speaking in anger take time out, cool down, then approach the situation in calm.
Striking someone is never the correct way to solve things. Maybe a better way for me is to just walk away quietly.
Usually after a bad situation and I have had time to think I usually will say, why did I say it that way? Why didn’t I do that? My problem use to be, I would do things hastily without correct thought of mind. The results were devastating for all involved. Now I calmly think before I speak, careful how I write what I am feeling. Never attacking the person, but instead attacking why the comment or the action was hurtful to me.
So, I am not perfect, no one is, I will put forth an extra effort to always find the better way!