“No matter how big a nation is, it is no stronger than its weakest people, and as long as you keep a person down, some part of you has to be down there to hold him down, so it means you cannot soar as you might otherwise.” —Marian Anderson, singer
Some questions I would like to ask a racist.
- Who taught you racism, your mother, your father, someone else in your family?
- Does it make you feel better when you step on others so that you look big?
- Is your self-esteem so low that picking on the innocence’s?
- What are you hiding about yourself that you don’t want others to know about?
- Do you think being around LGBTQ will give you a disease?
- You do know that were are all human, that we all have two arms and legs, etc.,?
- Do you really believe that a black family moving into your neighborhood will cause land properties to go down?
So dear reader we must start treating each other as equals. We are not superior or inferior to others. We all want love, want to belong, to be understood. Yes, it is time to start, to start now!