“Create. Not for the money. Not for the fame. Not for the recognition. But for the pure joy of creating something and sharing it.”
― Ernest Barbaric
I have written about why I started blogging, group session gave us different ways to handle depression.
What I haven’t written about are some of the lessons that blogging has taught me along this journey.
I have always loved to read, blogging however has instilled in me the joy of writing. Now I am no Hemingway, but, I look back over the years I see quite a difference in the way, the style of my writing.
Here are some other lessons I have been taught since blogging:
- It has given me purpose. Purpose that I felt I had lost when I stepped down from active ministry.
- It has opened up so many doors. The people I have had the pleasure of getting to know them through their own blogs. Also when they interact with myself.
- That we have more in common than that which we are different.
- I now know I am not the only one with some of the struggles I face from day to day.
- I have been reminded that on the whole people really are warm and caring.
There are probably many more lessons since I started this journey. All in all though I can honestly proclaim, “I have no regrets”.
So dear reader I would encourage you to do a deep dive within yourself to find some lessons you have learned since you started blogging.
Leave a Reply to Debi Cancel reply